First post and a bit new to Ansible, K8S and Raspberry Pis.
I have created a 4 node Raspberry Pi cluster with the sole purpose of learning K8S.
I was reading a lot of articles and several suggested to use the Hypriot image instead of Raspbian Lite. Also, I primarily use a Chromebook, so I am running Ansible from 1 of the Raspberry Pis; namely, the node that I want to be the Master.
So, I’ve done the following:
- Flash Hypriot image on all 4 nodes
- Installed Ansible on one of the nodes
- Included all 4 nodes’ IP address in the inventory and /etc/ansible/hosts
- Verified that ansible all -m ping works correctly
- Cloned the Rak8s repo to the Master
- Modified the inventory file to include all 4 nodes and designated 1 of them is the Master
- Modified ansible.cfg to set the user to “pirate” instead of “pi”
- Kicked off the ansible-playbook all cluster.yml
The output runs without error and eventually it states it is going to reboot.
After the reboot, I log back into the Master and kubectl is not installed. I need to poke around more logs, but before that, I had 2 questions.
- Will Rak8s work with Hypriot as the operating system instead of Raspbian Lite?
- Will Rak8s work with ansible being executed from one of the nodes, which is the Master?
If the recommendation is to use Raspbian Lite and also not run Ansible from one of the nodes, I can easily do that.
Advice appreciated. Thanks.